Most organisations know what they do pretty well, they know who their customers are and their product and service offerings. So why might they need to employ a consultant?
There can be a number of reasons that organisations employ consultants:
Utilise specialised skills and wide industry experience to solve particular challenges without making mistakes that others have already made
Provide a ‘fresh pair of eyes’ who can review situations objectively and challenge those things that may have become ‘custom and practice’
Independence to take an objective view without being drawn into ‘local politics’
Ability to independently assess organisational capability and maturity
Overcome short term resource shortages
Increase the skills, competencies and capabilities of the organisation
To review and validate organisational approaches
Sometimes it is difficult to ‘see the wood for the trees’ or you may need a fresh pair of eyes.
DPA understand that quality data and effective systems are critical to the profitable operation of any organisation. We are recognised experts in data quality, information management and strategic systems planning and implementation.
We also know that all organisations are run by people and that the interactions between these people is key to efficiency. There can also be the challenges of multiple objectives, overlapping change initiatives, changing legislation or a desire to make a step change improvement in performance
Our consultancy services are tailored to each organisation we work with and their needs. Typical examples of our services include:
- Assessment of current data quality management systems to measure alignment with ISO8000 and the identification of improvement actions
- Development and delivery of key documents such as a Data Dictionary
- Designing and setting up an approach to data quality management for new infrastructure
- Reviewing how meetings are run within an organisation and developing improvements
- Reviewing key documents and suggesting updates
- Following a process through the business to check compliance with procedures
Outputs of consultancy assignments can include: project reports, recommendations, implementation plans, cost/benefit projections and above all, a clear recommendation of the next actions to consider.