Most organisations know what they do pretty well, they know who their customers are and their product and service offerings. So why might they need to employ a consultant?
Reasons for using consultants include:
- Engaging specialist skills and wide industry experience to identify good practice solutions
- Providing a ‘fresh pair of eyes’ to review situations objectively and challenge approaches that may have become ‘custom and practice’
- Providing independent evaluation of situations without being drawn into ‘local politics’
- Independent assessment of organisational capability and maturity
- Overcome short term resource shortages
- Increase the skills, competencies and capabilities of the organisation
- Review and validate organisational approaches
DPA understand that quality data and effective systems are critical to the efficient, profitable operation of any organisation. We are recognised experts in data quality, information management and strategic systems planning and implementation.
Our consultancy services are tailored to each organisation we work with and their needs. Typical examples of our services include:
- Assessment of current data quality management systems to measure alignment with ISO8000 and the identification of improvement actions
- Development and delivery of key documents such as a Data Dictionary
- Designing and setting up an approach to data quality management for new infrastructure
- Reviewing how meetings are run within an organisation and developing improvements
- Reviewing key documents and suggesting updates
- Following a process through the business to check compliance with procedures
Outputs of consultancy assignments can include:
- Project reports
- Recommendations for improvement
- Implementation plans
- Cost/benefit projections
All recommendation will be pragmatic, realistic and targeted improvements to deliver sustainable change.