For most medium and large organisations, the effective management of data and systems can present significant challenges. Organisations may be unaware that their poor data and bad practices leads to inefficiencies and problems and are, therefore, an avoidable cost to an organisation. Data can, in many circumstances, outlive the software that stores it and the processes and users that created it.
To paraphrase a quality management guru, Philip Crosby:
“Data quality is free. It’s not a gift, but it’s free. What costs money are the unquality things – all the actions that involve not getting data quality right the first time and all the actions to correct these data quality issues”
DPA’s approach to these challenges is focused on the business outcomes and the data itself, rather than software tools. We do not sell or develop software, so this allows us to clearly work in the interests of our clients and offer truly independent advice and support.
See the following pages for more information on our capabilities and approach:
- Virtual CDO service – enabling smaller organisations to have the benefits of a Virtual Chief Data Officer
- Data governance – ensuring that control of data becomes a ‘Business as Usual’ activity
- Data Zoo – our unique approach considering how behaviours affect information quality
- Data requirements – Ensuring that there is clarity over what information you require and what it means
- Software implementation – where software implementation is required, we help ensure that it meets organisational requirements
Also, you may be interested to download our free White Paper “Data is an asset” which provides explains more about the nature of the data asset and the benefits of improving data quality. Fill in the form on the right of this page to request this White Paper.